If you are like most people, you may already have several financial planning pieces in place—you pay taxes, invest at least a portion of your savings, have some insurance, and maybe you have done some estate planning and retirement planning—but chances are each of these pieces was developed independently and at different times in your life. Is it any surprise then that you’re unsure if you’re on the right track and making all the progress you could be?
To be effective, financial planning should be coordinated. Each piece of the financial plan needs to accomplish its own specific tasks as well as support the tasks of each other piece. We call this life-integrated financial planning, and we are experts in this area. We’ll look at your entire financial picture and help you fit the pieces together properly.
You may have lots of questions, including:
- What does my ideal life look like?
- Where exactly does my money go each month?
- Am I taking full advantage of the tax opportunities available in various savings and investment plans?
- Will I be able to retire with the lifestyle I want? Am I doing the right things now to provide for a sustainable future?
- Am I financially prepared for life transitions, like starting a family or looking toward retirement?
- Who decides what happens to everything I’ve accumulated when I die—me, or the state? More importantly, who is going to guide my loved ones in the management of the wealth I leave them?
There may be important questions that you don't even know to ask yourself - we can guide you to the right questions that uncover what's most relevant to your specific situation. Many of our clients express a profound sense of relief after going through this exercise with us.
What to Expect during an Initial Consultation
Our goal during an initial consultation is to share information with one another to help determine whether we are well-suited to work together. We will share information with you about who we are and our approach to wealth management, and we will gather information about your current financial picture, long- and short-term goals, and your relationship with financial planning.
We abhor high-pressure environments, so our first meeting will be a conversation geared toward understanding your objectives and giving you a sense of how we operate, so that we are both able to make an informed decision about working together. If it appears for any reason that we are not the right firm for your needs, we will provide you with a list of alternative firms or professionals.